Please join Past Preservers at this unique meeting forum presented by Sheffield Doc/Fest,the largest documentary festival in the UK. Please note this is for UK residents only, apologies if this not for you, we are looking for similar events in the USA & Canada.
What is On-Screen Talent Market?
On-Screen Talent Market is a Sheffield Doc/Fest initiative to connect potential on-screen talent with producers, commissioners, and Decision Makers looking for fresh faces for their programmes.
Launched in 2016, it includes pitch training and industry sessions for academics and experts to hone their skills in presenting themselves to the media, ahead of one-to-one meetings with television executives.
Last year’s edition featured an intensive morning programme giving insight into the industry via first-hand encounters with established professionals, followed by an afternoon of 130 match-made meetings with 16 of the UK’s leading development producers. Full details on last year’s programme can be found here.
The team at Doc Fest are looking for new on-screen talent from a diverse range of fields, whether it be science and engineering, or arts and humanities, or anything in between.
Meetings between selected talent and Decision Makers will take place on Wednesday 14 June at Sheffield Doc/Fest.
Who is it for?
– You should want to share your expertise as part of a team providing factual programming for television, in both on-screen and advisory roles.
-You might be an academic with expertise in a particular area, or a professional working in a specific field, for example science, politics, or engineering.
– You may have some experience in broadcast media – this is however by no means a pre-requisite for consideration.
– You should be a confident and engaging communicator.
– We are looking for talented individuals and encourage applications from all genders, ages, ethnicities and those with disabilities.
– You should be working and living in the UK and be over 18 years old.
For further information on this great opportunity and how to apply, click here.
Please advise Past Preservers if you wish to apply, we will be attending the event & will be happy to monitor your application.
Applications close on Wednesday 3rd May 2017 at Midnight GMT.